Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76: Solo and Ensemble

What a day! First of all Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!! It has been a wonderful and everyone looked so lovely in all their green! Well after a pretty good day, 4th period began and Solo and Ensemble began. The Instrumental Solo and Ensemble was held at West Jordan this year and it was crazy. I dont know how it happened but everything was extremely disorganized. Orchestra council got thrown is as a help item and not a planning item, so that didnt go over so well, but even though it was crazy and I was running back and forth and back and forth, I still had a great time!!! I honestly think I probably walked/ran a few miles between the school and the seminary building today, but hey at least I got a work out right?!?! It was all really run though. I got to hang out with my council, west jordan and copper hills council, both today and just have a good time, even though it was crazy sauce!!!
On the other flip side......I MADE IT TO STATE!!!!!!! I was terrified I wasnt going to make it this year cuz on my duet I super screwed up my part and it was just a disaster. As for my solo....well I forgot to copy my music to give to the judge, which usually means you are screwed, but holy crap both of my pieces got a ONE!!! I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I must finish memorizing my piece for state because it has to be memorized, but I have a month to do that. My goal now......get a one at state!!!!! I've gotten a one at state before, but that was for a quartet that I was in my sophomore year, but I WILL get a one this year on my solo if it is the LAST thing I do!!!!!! Well I am exhausted so I am going to head to bed.......TOOTLES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment