Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 149: Like Father, Like Son

Okay so I knew my brother was a lot like my dad, but each day that goes on, they get more and more a like! Here is just some of the things that make them so similar:

1. They both love to sing crazy and make up songs of their own
2. Physically Jeff looks like dad more and more. His hair gets darker, he gets taller and his shoulders get wider just like dad's
3. They are both extremely stubborn and hard working
4. They talk a lot a like
5. They both like math.......weird I know. I don't know how I am related to either of them
6. There is so much more, but the most recent thing that makes them so similar is their hobbies!

Ever since I have remembered, my dad has always been into wood working. I would wake up Saturday mornings and he would always be watching Norm or Home Time and guess what......jeff is now doing the same thing!!!!!! However this hobby of theirs became extremely apparent yesterday.
This year in school, Jeff took a wood shop class and for first semester he brought home a blanket chest, which is amazing!!!! He did an amazing job on it! It is flawless and the oak he used is way pretty!


Well yesterday, Jeff brought home his second woods project......his entertainment center!!!!!





It is GORGEOUS!!!!!! He did such an amazing job on it!!!!! It looks sooooo good sitting in the living room and guess what.....it looks a lot like dad's work too!!!! They are too similar haha! Even while setting it up, the words that came out of my brother's mouth sounded exactly like my dad too (and for those of you who know my dad, you know what I mean hahahahahaha)!!!! It looks soooooooo good and I am so glad Jeff decided to take woods this year! Just so you can see how similar my brother and dad are, here is some of my dad's work as well!

These two pics are the cabinets in the kitchen that he is redoing out at his house right now!
(Hold in there Mel......you are so close to having your kitchen back!)

And this is our kitchen that he redid a few years ago!!!

Jeff did use a lot of the same technique and stuff so that the entertainment center could match the kitchen that dad built. But as you can see their work is very similar and it is funny to here Jeff talk "wood," because he sounds just like my dad too! Even walking in to home depot yesterday with Jeff made me realize he is a lot like my dad! I love these two guys to death and I don't know what I would do without them!!!!! Thanks boys for your sharing your awesome skills!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww - I "heart" this post! Woah Jeffrey - those are some mad carpentry skills! It looks beautiful! I am so jealous of your beautiful kitchen...one day right ;) You've got some great guys in your life Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete