Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 290: Weird

I have had a wonderful day today! Since I am home, I went to my home ward today and saw everyone which was fabulous! On top of that, today, Cameron gave his mission farewell talk and can I just say how strange that was. I can't believe he leaves for his mission in just a few days. As I was sitting there talking to him and Chelsea and Shandy and a couple other people, I could not believe how fast time flies. I remember when we were all in primary together, when we use to play night games and when the biggest problem in our lives was who liked who. Now Cameron and Taylor are both leaving on missions, I am in college and Chelsea and Shandy are seniors and will soon be in college too. It is so crazy. We are all growned up and I don't know how I feel about that.

I remember when I first started young womens and saw all the older girls and guys going off to college and going on missions and thinking that I would never be in that spot, but yet....here I am. It is still weird to me to have my friends leave on missions because that is what the big kids do.....not us. It is just all so surreal. I really cant even explain it.

On one hand, all of us growing up breaks my heart because it means we wont see each other that much and we will all go our different ways, but on the other hand it is also really cool cuz that means we are all growing up and doing the things we have talked about doing since we were little. It is a little scary, but still exciting. It makes me excited to see what else life has to bring because so far, it has brought me so much and it has yet to disappoint, so it can only get better from here!

It was good to see and talk to everyone in my ward though. I got to see my young women leaders and a few of my girls! It was just great to see everyone! Again, it was weird, but awesome! Well I better go. I need to do some things before I head out to my dad's for dinner........TOOTLES!!!!

3 comments: