Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 293: "Holy Calling"

So a few weeks ago I received a calling in my YSA ward and I was thinking ok, this sounds like a pretty easy calling...........boy was I wrong. I was "trained" in my calling last night and can I just say being Relief Society Visiting Teaching District Leader (yeah try saying that ten times fast) is a lot more intense then I thought it was going to be, but I am up for the challenge!

I am the only one with my calling, which I quite prefer because I like working by myself, but I work with the relief society president and I also have 4 supervisors that work under me, which is also good because I could not do it all by myself. I would just like to say though, that the church is so smart, or I should say the Lord is incredibly smart. The more I do things in the church, the more I find out how organized it all is, which, for me, is beyond wonderful!!!!!

I am a little overwhelmed, but also excited to do this calling. My supervisors' jobs are to call all the visiting teachers and see if they have done their visiting teaching for the month. Then the supervisors report to me and then I work with the president to get everything into the computer and all that good stuff. I am also in charge of training my supervisors and making sure they are doing their jobs as well as reminders in relief society, making sure everyone is aware of the message for the month, making sure that people are including roommates that are possibly inactive or non members and just making sure everything runs smoothly. There are also little things all put into there too.......all I can say is "Holy calling!"

I really didn't know what to expect, but I was not expecting what I got, however I am rather excited and ready to start this thing. My job is working with a few close people and keeping everything organized......WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THAT?!?!?! This means I get to make charts and be all organized and stuff....SUPER EXCITED!!!!

Well I am going to start organizing this stuff and figuring everything out......TOOTLES!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You will be great, just like you always have been at all your past callings.

    ReplyDelete