Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 306: Classical Craze

I have been on the biggest classical music craze lately.....it's slightly ridiculous, but I love it! My roommate has to know all of these classical songs for her creative arts class and when we were looking through them last night I knew most of them and I just started going a little classical crazy! I think my biggest problem is that I am not playing in a symphony right now. I am doing lessons, but no symphony, which is weird because I have never not been in a symphony. Since I didn't get into the USU one this year, I thought it would be good to take a year of self cello time since I have never done that before. On one had it is a good thing and on the other hand it kind of stinks, but there is always next year right?!

Ok since I have been on this classical music craze lately I thought I would share my top 10 favorite classical pieces just in case anyone would like something good to study to or even relax to!

Top 10 Favorite Classical Pieces:
10. Handel's Concerti Grossi
9. Vivaldi's Gloria
8. Handel's Messiah
7. Introduction and Allegro by Elgar and Vaughn Williams
6. Holst's Planets
5. Mozart's Requiem
4. Brahms's 1st Symphony
3. Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony
2. 5 Variants on Dives and Lazarus by Vaughn Williams
1. Elgar cello concerto - this is my dream cello piece by the way....I want to play it sooooo bad!!!

These are just some of my favorites.....I have loads and load and loads more that I love to listen to! Classical music is so awesome!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Well I better hit the hay........TOOTLES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment