Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23: Wrong Decade

I have decided that I have born in the wrong era. I want to live in the 1920's-1940's, minus the whole depression thing. Today I went to help clean out the kitchen at my great grandma's house and when mom didn't need my help, I went downstairs to look through all my granny's old jewelry. Back in the 40's my granny worked at the Paris Company which was the high class store way back when. Well over the years of working there, she got a ton of the products! When I went downstairs, I looked through two dressers full of jewelry, scarves, gloves and purses!!!!! I freaking love it!!! It is sooooo amazing to look at what used to be and how people use to dress! I love fashion and so much of it started out in the twenties with some amazing designers. The twenties was truly a decade of amazing fashion with the whole flapper look. I find it amazing that women tried so hard to look less womanly, but they were still looked amazing and with the shapeless dresses and the short haircuts!!! The 1920's was amazing!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is so awesome! I love old jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen I love reading your blog. Sounds like high school lol :) It sounds like tons of fun too! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete