Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24: Star Event

So am I kinda freaking out a little for tomorrow, but at the same time I am really excited. Tomorrow I have to be to school by 7am so I can leave, with several other kids, to head down to BYU for the FCCLA Area Star Event. This event is an event where all FCCLA kids in the area go show off their projects that they are working on. There are several categories that are shown throughout this whole thing. I am in the fashion construction category, but there are also categories like recycle and redesign and stuff for preschool teachers too!
For this event, I am using my prom dress that I am making in my clothing class. I am not done with it, but luckily you pretty much just have to show up to the Area Event to go to state. I am not sure what to expect, but from what it sounds like, this whole thing is just a big science fair for FCCLA members, but instead of experimenting with things, you are making things!
I am kinda nervous because I do have to present stuff to judges and everything and I do not know what to expect at all, but I hope it goes well! The plus side to this whole thing......They feed us lunch, we get bused down there so I dont have to waste gas and I get to hang with my friends all day! The down side..........I have to go spend the day at BYU.....I hope my Aggies will forgive me ;D

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Kristen! What an exciting day - you are already a STAR - LOL! Dying to see your prom dress in the making btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll forgive you! BYU is a good place too. My Dad works there remember! hahah. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete