Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25: Nordstroms

So today was a good, but long day! I had my FCCLA Star Event thing today which ended up being fun by slightly stressful....but lunch was fantastic! We went to the BYU student center thing for lunch and it was delicious! It was all you could eat and the best part.......we didn't even have to pay!
The really cool part to today was my Nordstroms Fashion Board meeting! Today we met with the Visual manager and learned everything that the job encompasses! I didn't realize all that goes into being a visual manager besides dressing the mannequins! Even though mannequins are a huge part of the job, they also decorate the store for the holidays, switch out and make the window displays, manage all the displays in all the departments, work with special events and work with models when they come in for a show and what not. It was sooooo cool to see and hear all what the visual manager and team does. We also had the chance to do what the visual team does....as a challenge we got to dress a mannequin which was really fun! The funny part is that it was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be to do! It was just really cool to see everything that goes on! It really makes me start to think that maybe working in a field like that is something that I would really like to do as a career! It is so cool to see all the behind scene works and see everything that goes on to make Nordstroms.......well....Nordstroms! I LOVE FASHION!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are getting all this exposure in the Fashion field....it is absolutely SO cool! I am glad you had a great day at BYU too! Happy Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I kinda did the other thing, experienced what I thought I wanted a career in, found out I didn't like it, and moved on. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete