Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 28: NEW MUSIC

Ok so since I didnt write much last night, I just wanted to say the New Beginnings yesterday went awesome!!!! I am so glad everything turned out well and everyone had a good time and liked it! There is one thing I did learn though......planning something like that is a lot harder than I thought! I have no idea how my leaders do it all the time...so leaders, I bow down to you and cannot thank you enough for all the time and effort you put into making young womens so great! Also thank you to all my old leaders who did all that and still look out after us young women! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I LOVE YOUR GUTS!!!!!
As for today....pretty much nothing happened, other than.....I GOT MUSIC!!! I know that sounds lame, but let me explain!
The other night I was looking on USU's music website to look at scholarships and stuff. Well come to find out, scholarships, for music, are only offered for music majors.....which is BEYOND lame!!!!! So I guess I can cross that off my list. But I kept looking through it to see what else music wise was going on up at USU and I came across the USU Symphony page and I was so excited! Auditions are the first week of school and we have to play a excerpt for auditions, so I emailed the conductor and got the excerpt....earlier than it was suppose to be available!!!!! So now I have an excerpt to practice, which is excellent because the notes are easy but it is in a three eight time where a dotted quarter note equals a tempo of 86.......and for those of you need me to translate what I just said.....THIS MUSIC IS FREAKING FAST!!!!! So I am now off to look at this music, so I can than practice this music, so come the 1st week of school I can play this song in my sleep and get into the symphony!!!!!!! Tootles

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the translation for us non musical folks - LOL - good luck on the piece - you'll do great! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved doing it. You girls made it all worth the time spent planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty awesome! Good luck with the music. I think you are going to have a great college experience!

    ReplyDelete