Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38: Super Bowl Sunday

I love Super Bowl Sunday! Every year we head out to my uncle's house and party, and luckily this year was no different! Every year we always have chicken salad sandwiches, macaroni salad and this cherry whip cream salad thing that is heavenly and this year was no different, however we also added a crab salad into the mix this year which was really good!
Here is the real kicker to Super Bowl Sunday in my family. My grandpa's birthday is on the 4th of Feb, so since we are all together for the game we celebrate his birthday while we are watching the game (we do all the presents and what not during the half time show). The real bonus to this is.....WE GET CAKE!!!! I'm not just talking lame cake, I'm talking the good, super sugar loaded, flower topped cake!!!! Oh man it tasted so good!
On top of that tonight we just really chilled at watched the game! Most of my family was rooting for the Colts (including me), but really we all just wanted to watch a good game, which it was for the most part! I cant complain! But for those non-football fans out there the final score was Saints: 31 and Colts: 17. Even though I am sad my colts lost, I was glad we got to watch a good game and I was even more happy that I got to spend time with my family! We had a great time tonight just hanging out! I played with my little cousin, Madison, who is 8, on the computer while we watched the game, while everyone else just kinda chilled and played with my little 16 month year old cousin Hudson! It was just a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment