Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37: Oh Granny

Today started out with a quick practice with my amazing cello friend Justin. We are doing a cello duet for solo and ensemble so we practiced today with our pianist to put the finishing touches on our piece! It is going to rock!
The other part of my day consisted of cleaning out my great grandma's house. I was thinking that we could have her house cleaned out in probably like 2-3 months, however today, my mom, grandma and I spent 3 hours cleaning and we did not even make a dent! We cleaned out the bathroom and started cleaning out one of the bedrooms, but since my grandma saved EVERYTHING, we what did not even come close to anything! We took out 6 bags of garbage and stacked a lot of glass wear and vases and what not to be sold later! I can now see what living in the depression era does to people, because they had so little, they saved everything and throughout the years, that hasnt changed. I love my little granny, but we are all slightly cursing her with what she left us to take care of, but at the same time I am ok with it. There is a lot of cleaning and moving of things that have to be done, but at the same time I am learning more and more about my granny then I ever knew! Although I can say one thing, when you fill half a garbage bag full of old cards from 30 years ago up to the present, saving everything takes on a WHOLE new meaning!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's how they just grew up - waste not want not ;) Cute little granny!

    ReplyDelete