Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36: UYSO Concert

I just thought i'd right quick because I wont have any other time to today! I am at school right now, but then I have work right after then I have to be down town by 5:30pm so that I can start rehearsal at 5:45pm for my Utah Youth Symphony concert that starts at 7:30pm. I am not looking forward to the hour and a half work of practice before an hour concert, but since we are in the tabernacle we have to do a major sound check since the acoustics are so crazy! I am super excited though, just not looking forward to rehearsal! However I am excited, we are playing Dvorak's 6th symphony and Shostakovish's Festival Overture! They are the most amazing pieces ever!!! The Dvorak has some incredible movements. I really like all the movements except the 2nd. It is really slow and really pretty, it just isnt my cup of tea. As for the Festival Overture.......A-MAZ-ING!!!! It is super fast then at the end is goes in to this awesome three two time and it just has huge ending! The whole concert is going to be amazing......i hope, but i am super excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment