Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 179: Thursday's Camp Adventures

Alright here is the low down on day two of this years girls camp!

Even though it was super super early, we were fortunate enough to do a sunrise hike Thursday morning. Luckily, as Chelsea put it, it was more of a stroll than a hike, but it was still really cool. We woke up around 5am and strolled up to, what we call, cell phone hill. It was really cool because we had the chance to just sit for a half hour and watch the sun come up and write in our journals. It was really cool!!! I loved just having that time to sit down by myself, with no worldly distractions, and just sit and think about what has been going on in my life and just write some thoughts down. The spirit was soooo strong and it was awesome!!!!!

After our sunrise hike, we went back to camp where some of us decided to go back to bed for a couple hours until we had to be up for breakfast and flag. When it was time to wake up we went to flag and then came back to camp and just kinda chilled. We had a lot of chill time on Thursday, so after we got back from flag, we used the couple hours we had to work on certification. Since I was a 7th year, I didn't have any certification I had to do, so I helped out some of the other girls and just kinda chilled and talked with the girls! That was kinda fun because I got to get to know some of the younger girls better and just have fun!

After that, we had lunch and did a cute craft. For our craft we made a little lantern and then after that we decided to work on our skit that we would be performing on Friday. I was a little worried about figuring out our skit because we had so many girls with a lot of good input on what we should do, however, we finished our skit in no time and it turned out really really well! It was the fastest we have ever worked out a skit, which was AWESOME!!!!!

After that we had some dinner and then went to our nightly flag ceremony and then came back to roast some smores, have a mountain moment and sit around the fire! We had a really nice mountain moment and then Billie told us that we needed to grab out lanterns and go stand in a circle with Chassidy and me standing together. Well it turned out that the leaders had planned a little thing for the leaving seniors and what we did was stand in a circle with all our lanterns lit and then Billie said a few things and gave each me and Chassidy a journal with all the leaders testimonies in them! It was sooooo cool! Chass and I were crying like babies and it was just a really cool experience! Lisa also read this really amazing thing that she wrote up on our hike that was just awesome!

After that we just continued to talk and get ready for bed!!! Thursday was a great day!!!!! I am sorry these posts are long, but I got to get all those juicy details in!!!!! I hope you stay tuned for tomorrow's post all about Friday's great adventures.........TOOTLES!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome time Kristen - I am so happy you had such a blast your last year!

    ReplyDelete