Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 231: Date Night

Okay so I now have a minute to talk about Tuesday's date so here it goes!

First of all, here was everyone that was in our little group! I am so glad it was us 4! We are all best friends and it was a blast!!!

Alex!
Reg!
Me!
Kathryn!

Alrighty so Kathryn and I went and picked up Alex and Reg and headed down town to begin our date. Our plan was to go eat dinner (we had brought a picnic) down in Memory Grove then head up to Ensign Peak and hike up. Well there was a bike race at the Capitol and there wasn't any parking so instead we just ate dinner at the park in front of the trail head. We had a great dinner! It was just sandwiches and chips, but we just sat and talked for about an hour and just caught up and had a few good laughs!


After dinner we headed up to the trail head and began our adventurous hike for the evening, which was actually pretty fun. Now I want everyone to take note, that me, Kristen Anti-hiking Steiner, hiked that hike two days in a row......of my own free will! Never forget that cuz that will never happen again hahaha! But we finally got to the top right as the sun was setting behind the mountains! It was soooooooo pretty. I was going to take pics, but I forgot my camera so you will just have to imagine it all! But the sun was setting and the sky was bright pink and orange and it was reflecting of the Great Salt Lake and oh my goodness it was pretty!
Well after we had reached the top, we just kind of sat our butts down on the rocks and watched the sun set on the valley and watch the entire valley light up!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen that before and it was something I will never forget! Watching all 4 temples light up was gorgeous!!!! It really was super romantic, but boys are daft, so nothing happened there ;D On top of watching this beautiful scene, again we just sat and talked which was wonderful! It was so good to joke around and hear everyone's plans and just chit chat! It was awesome!!!!


Well after we had sat up there for about and hour and a half we went back down the mountain and decided to go walk around Memory Grove now that there was parking! Even in the dark that place is super pretty! After we visited Memory Grove we decided to go find gravity hill, which didn't go over as well as we had hoped, but got some good laughs out of trying to find it and scared our self silly, which made it that much more fun!


Finally after all of this we came back to my house and watched a movie! We watched When A Stranger Calls, which I have seen several times, yet it still terrifies me! Again might I restate that boys are daft, but that is ok cuz I still had a fabulous night!!!!


Then after the movie I took Reg home and we hugged.....forever!!!!! We just told each other how much we would miss each other and we talked for a minute and it was wonderful! It really was a fabulous date, even though what I wanted to happen didn't happen ;D I really am going to miss Reg now that he isn't just down the street. He is such a great guy. He was on the date, and has always been, a perfect gentleman and he always treats me with such respect! He is so amazing and I really didn't realize how close we were and how much I was going to miss him until after I hung up with him on the phone today. I called him before he left for school today and we talked for a little while and I just am really going to miss that red headed kid! He has always been there for me and been one of my best guy friends for a long time! Luckily I know that we will keep in touch! We have already planned him coming up for football games and me coming down if USU ever plays at the Y. I'm writing him on his mission and we are still going to do stuff on school breaks and stuff! I know we are going to be friends for a long time, it is just going to be weird not to have him right there!


Well I hope that post was long enough for everyone hahaha! Well I better go cuz i've got to get stuff ready for a sleepover with my yw.........TOOTLES!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN date! Kenn and I have been DYING to hear all about it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete