Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 53: Tchaikovsky

So since my utah youth symphony rehearsal this past saturday I have not been able to get Tchaikovsky's 5th symphony our of my head! I am in love with this symphony! I loved playing Dvorak's symphony for our tabernacle concert, but I LOVE playing this symphony!!!! I have never played Tchaikovsky before and I have heard the Nutcracker time and time again, however I have never realized how genius this man is!
Here are the reasons I love playing Tchaikovsky:
1: He is so passionate about his music that it comes across in his compositions and it is so emotional and you feel the passion when you play
2: He LOVES cellos. There are so many spots where the cellos get the main melody, and no only do we have melody, but we are show cased so we are heard above the rest of the orchestra
3: His use of dynamics, time signatures, chords, keys and phrasings ARE AMAZING!!!!!
4: The second movement of his 5th symphony is gorgeous
5: I love everything, well almost everything...the third movement of his 5th symphony isnt quite my cup of tea, yet it is still amazing

As you can tell I am slightly obsessed hahahaha! If you guys would like to hear this amazing symphony stayed tuned for details about my Utah Youth Concert in the spring. In may we will be having our final concert at Abravanel Hall and we will be play Tchaikovsky's 5th!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love classical music and I love hearing you talk about it. Your passion for it is inspiring. Unfortunately I am musically impaired, but I love to listen to it and appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated missing your last concert - looking forward for the one is spring. You are a blessed and talented girl! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete