Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 60: Abravanel Hall

So today I woke up and went to early morning rehearsal and went to 1st and 2nd period and then I got to check out of school!!! I got to go down town today to play in my last youth symphony invitational at Abravanel Hall. Every year Abravanel Hall holds a festival where youth symphonies from all over the state get to come and show case what they are and what they have been working on. The morning session is all the middle school or junior symphonies and the afternoon is all the high school or senior symphonies, so luckily I did not have to be down town until 12:30pm.
So I got down there at 12:30 and me and all my Utah Youth peeps just kinda chilled until we could get into the hall. The downer to this whole thing was that we sat in the audience for three and a half hours and then went up to the green room to warm up for a half hour and then played for fifteen minutes.....the whole thing was rather anticlimactic, but that was ok, partly because I got all my Ap Music Theory homework done and also because I love playing on that stage!

I mean look at that stage......what is not to love about it! The building itself is just amazing!!!! I mean how many people can say that have played on that beautiful stage once, let alone 8 or 9 times! I have been so lucky to be able to play on that stage and even more lucky to play with amazing people on that stage. I have been able to play with the Utah symphony itself, which was amazing and from that experience alone I learned a ton! I have loved playing with all the youth that I have grown up with and had so many fun times with!
Ya know........when you are in sports you create a certain team bond that nothing can break and it is exactly that same way on a stage. Just like in any sport, as musicians, we depend on each other and we put so much trust in each other and we learn to love each other! Regardless of what a lot of people think, we are not just a group on the stage, we really are a family and I am so blessed to have had the chance to get to know some amazing people! I cannot wait to see what music and symphonies have in store for me!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment