Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 61: Musicals

So pretty much nothing exciting went on today.....absolutely nothing. Then I got home and did the little homework I had, which was pretty nice. Well then I sat down to watch tv and guess what was on.........Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...one of the greatest musicals of all time!!!!! It is such a fun show and the dancing and the music in it is AMAZING!!!!! So after getting a kick out of watching that show, West Side Story came on!!!!!! I mean seriously......what a great musical day! I mean West Side Story is not the greatest musical ever, but I really do like it. The dancing it is fantastic and the music.......AMAZING!!!!! Leonard Bernstein is a musical genius!!! For those of you who dont know anything about West Side Story, all it is, is just a modern day telling of Romeo and Juliet but it is set in New York in the 1960's with gangs instead of families. It is a great show!
I just love musicals!! Some of my favorites are:
1. Hello Dolly
2. My Fair Lady
3. Moulin Rouge
4. Singing in the Rain
5. There is no Business like Show Business
6. South Pacific
7. Thoroughly Modern Millie
8. White Christmas
And there are soooooooooo many more!!!! I just love musicals. All the music and the dancing and the genius-ness of all of it!!!!! They are so much fun to watch and they are also a ton of fun to be in them on stage and down in the orchestra pit!!!! I just love them! Well as for now.....I am going to go finish watching West Side Story........TOOTLES!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly Modern Millie is one our favorites. Not everyone know that one, another reason to love it. Can you slapioca?

    ReplyDelete