Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 67: The Best and Worst of the Oscars

So I promised, back when the Grammys were going on, that I would do a worst and best dress list for the 82nd Academy Awards, so I would now like to present Kristen's Worst and Best Dress List of the 82nd Annual Academy Awards!!!!

Worst Dress List:

I love Diane Kruger but I do not know what she was thinking with this Chanel Gown. I love Chanel but this dress is just......weird. Black and tan with sophisticated lines and ruffles, I give her a C+
Virgina Madsen usually looks pretty good, but she missed mark with this blue and black sheer sheer gown. I like the over all style, but the colors and the sheer was just a bad idea. I give her a C-
Oh man....Faith Hill missed the mark on this one...BIG TIME!!! The black lace is a good pretty but the way it was done in the bodice and then paired with the tights was a bad idea. Sadly no one had a lot of faith in this gown and for that I give it a D-
I love Tina Fey, but this dress did not do it for me. I do not think the polka dot effects is flattering at all and again, what is with the black over the tan fabric.....gross gross gross! I give this a C-
I do not know what Zoe Saldana was going for but I think she missed the mark completely. The sparkles were a good idea and the purple color was pretty but putting them together with ruffles earns her a big fat F!

Best Dress List:

Anna Kendrick made an awesome pick with this gown. I dont really like nude color on amyone, however with her dark hair she can pull it off. I love the slit up the leg with lace and the off the shoulder sleeve. I give this dress an A-!
I LOVE THIS GOWN!!!! I love the way the gown is cut and the way it flows. Rachel McAdams looks amazing and everything about this look works! She is amazing and looks amazing! I give this dress an A+
I am not a huge fan of Kristen Stewart, however I think this dress is amazing and she actually looks pretty good in it. I think it was a good choice to go with the black and the cut and the pleating of the dress works really well! I give this look an A-
Penelope Cruz looks excellent in this dress! The color on her looks fabulous and the flow and slight asymmetrical shaping looks really good! I only wish that the middle section didnt have quite so much fabric in the bunching, but I still think this is fabulous! I give this look a A-
Sandra Bullock looked fabulous last night! This gown was not one of my favorites but i still think she looked good. I liked the style of this gown, however I wished that the color of the gown had been a rich plum or a dark red, but I will take what I can get! I give this look a A-

Over all I wasnt overly impressed with all the gowns this year, but there were some extremely fabulous gowns! Not only did the women look great but the men also looked amazing in their suits and tuxes! This years Oscars were great and I cant wait until next year! Hope you enjoyed todays issue of Kristen's Worst and Best Dress List.....TOOTLES!!!!





3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! and I agree with all of them too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! Tina Fey looks like a cave man! What was she thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree, but what about the dress with the utensils on it? It was a cut above the rest - NOT!

    ReplyDelete