Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 84: FCCLA State Convention

Okay so that past two days has been a blast!!!!!!! I joined the FCCLA this year even though I wasnt playing on it. Mrs. Nielsen, my clothing teacher, suggested I join since I was making prom dress, so that I could later compete in the FCCLA Star Events, so I did. Well so yesterday we headed up to the Davis Convention Center up in Layton and signed up for a time to compete in our star events. The star event I competed in was Fashion Construction, but there are also a ton of other events like culinary arts, early childhood, focus on children, service stuff and sooooooo much more! Well we got there around 8:30ish and signed up for a time. My time was at 1:45pm and I was the third out of our group to go....there were 5 WJHS girls competing in the Fashion Construction category. Well so we only had one set of judges, so 2pm rolled around and Allie Osborn, who was the first of us to go, still hadnt gone yet. we waited around to present for 6 hours.....6 HOURS!!!! We were a little late to dinner at Roosters because of it, but we still got dinner and AMAZING dessert.
We then headed back for our opening ceremonies, which lasted about 2.5 hours, but we were all so tired and hyper that no one paid any attention.
After we headed back to our rooms and chilled and just hung out and played games and stuff. My room was the cool hang out room....yes, Me and my roommates felt cool!!! I roomed with Janine Crockett and Allie Osborn...two of the funniest, coolest people ever!!!! It was so much fun!
Then this morning we woke up and headed to the awards/closing ceremonies which took forever, but again we had a blast not really paying attention. Luckily all of our WJHS girls got silver medals in our category....rock on! Then after that we loaded up and headed home!!!
I seriously cannot tell you how much fun we had up there these past couple days!!! I have made a few more friends and I have had friendships grow even stronger. I have not laughed so hard in such a long time! I had soooooo much fun and just to let you in on some of the fun, here are some pictures!!!

Allie and Me.......hahaha we got pringles!

Me and allie again......taking strange pictures is just way too fun!
Jen Jansen and her sexy yellow shirt she won from a raffle
Alexis, me, Allie and Aleece.......all my fashion construction girls, but one
I am slightly tall, so I had to find some way to avoid hitting my head on the ceiling while we jumped on the beds ;D
Partying in our room!
Marty busting out his moves!
Marty and Rachel at the Opening Ceremonies
My roomies and two of the cutest girls I know, Janine and Allie and me!

I seriously had sooooo much fun and I am kinda bummed I just found out all about this fun stuff my senior year, but with the great time I have had, it was all worth it!!!!! I love the FCCLA and all the wonderful people and advisers I have met and grown closer too!!!!!! I love the FCCLA!!!!


2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! BUT did i see boys in your hotel room! Kristen!! jk

    ReplyDelete