Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 139: Stuck In A Rut

I am stuck.......stuck in a rut! I can't bring myself to do anything productive. I have an anatomy test tomorrow and what I am doing, sitting on the computer. I looked at my notes for an hour and still nothing! I also should be working on my english presentation for next week, but yet again I am doing nothing! I hate that graduation is so close because it is killing me.
Although on the plus side of today, I started my arrangement for AP Theory. Our last assignment is to take a 32 measure melody and arrange it for 5 different parts, which I am rather excited for even though it is going to take some serious time and thinking. Well I started on that today and I got a few things written down. I have decided to take Elgar's cello concerto in e minor and arrange it for jazz band.....I'm super excited. I am writing it for piano, bass, drum set, tenor sax and trumpet. It is going to sound awesome and as for today I got my first 6 measures for the piano and arranged it in the same key however I partially augmented it and put in a six four time. What a strange thing to do, but hey, it works and I think it is going to end up awesome! I know 6 measures doesn't sound like a lot, but for composing, it is a big step in the right direction.
Well I am going to go try and study.........TOOTLES!!!!

1 comment: