Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 169: Coolest FInd

Today I feel rather accomplished! I woke up and got ready, had a presidency meeting and helped cleaned out some more of great granny's house! I know it doesn't sound like a lot but as for our presidency meeting we got stuff planned for camp.....which I am freaking excited for!!!!!

As for Granny's.....me, mom and grandma cleaned out a cupboard, a dresser full of more jewelry, gloves and bags, and another closet, well most of it anyways!!!! It doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me it is. I have seen more Tupperware today then I think I have ever seen in my life time! My Granny, for some strange reason, purchased 2 or 3 things of the same thing, so we have a lot of unused Tupperware, cooking pans, cooking everything really! So if your looking for cooking stuff....please stay tuned for when we will be having our first of many yard sales to come.

Even though it was a mess cleaning today, today's coolest find was a journal entry. Like I said in one of my previous blogs, my Granny always wrote in her journal and today we found an entry about the day her and my Great Grandpa were married from February in 1934!!! How cool is that?!?!?!?!?! I've never heard the story and it was fun to hear. I could totally see the two of them asking to be married and going to find a ring and everything. It was really cute. She also went on to talk about their reception, at least that is what I think it was. She talked about how neither her or grandpa really wanted to go, but they did anyway. She said how they had to start out the party with a dance, again, which neither of them wanted to do. She talked about how there was the beautiful white wedding cake decorated in yellow and pink with two bells on top and how they got a ton of wedding presents. It was definitely the coolest find of the day!!!!!

Well I am starving so I think I am going to go get some dinner......TOOTLES!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous find, that beats my $5.oo flower pots for sure!

    ReplyDelete